The YINR Simcha Committee and Board of Trustees look forward to sharing in your simcha and ensuring your event runs smoothly. Please carefully read through the Simcha Guidelines so that you understand what is required to reserve the date of your simcha, as well as obtain important information required for your event.
Only YINR shul members in good standing are permitted to book an event by submitting the necessary forms and fees (see below). Please contact our Executive Director with any questions regarding these forms or guidelines.
- A Simcha Registration Form, together with a $500.00 reservation fee, must be submitted to reserve a date for a simcha. Reservation Forms will be accepted no more than two years prior to the event. The registration fee will be credited toward rental of the shul facilities for the simcha.
- Smachot will only be placed on the shul calendar once the Simcha Registration Form has been submitted and a signed confirmation has been received by the ba’al simcha. IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE A CONFIRMATION OF YOUR SIMCHA DATE WITHIN TWO WEEKS AFTER YOU SUBMITTED THE FORM, PLEASE CONTACT THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR.
A reserved date may be cancelled 1 year prior to event date with full refund of reservation fee.
- Approximately three months prior to your simcha date, the shul office will contact you to determine exactly which rooms are required so that a Facility Rental Agreement can be prepared. Your $500.00 deposit will be applied to any Facility Rental Fees associated with your simcha.
II. PRIORITY OF DATE:
- There is a 30-day “window” in which to submit a Simcha Reservation Form. For example, for a Bar Mitzvah scheduled for September 1, 2017, one could submit a form between September 1, 2015 and September 30, 2015. Any Reservation Forms received by the shul office during this 30-day time period will be given equal priority for that date.
- If a family does not submit a Simcha Reservation Form within the 30-day “window” for a date that has already been reserved, it will not be given equal priority status for that date.
- If two or more families submit Reservations Forms during the 30-day “window” for the same date, the Simcha Committee will apprise the families involved and facilitate a resolution to the best of its ability.
- If two families have agreed to share a date for a simcha and only one family is celebrating a simcha of a first degree relative, then that family has precedence over choice of caterer and location of simcha.
- Only one caterer will be allowed to cater in the shul over the course of a weekend. A weekend consists of the time period from Friday evening through Saturday night. All families having events in the shul on the same Shabbat must use the same caterer. The family who reserved the date first has the right to choose the caterer. In the event the two smachot have equal priority (see # 1 above) and the families cannot agree on the same caterer, the Simcha Committee will facilitate a resolution to the best of its ability. Any simcha occurring on a Sunday morning need not use the caterer who catered over the prior weekend.
- Only one caterer will be allowed to cater in the shul during any given day.
- Caterers must call the Executive Director to arrange for any deliveries to the shul prior to the event. All Friday deliveries must be at the shul by 1 PM.
- A mashgiach must be hired for all catered events. As a rule, the caterer will engage a mashgiach for a full-service catered event.
- Any caterer that is hired must be approved by Rabbi Fink.
IV. DROP OFF EVENTS
- All food for a drop off event must come pre-plattered and ready to be placed on the tables. No food preparation will be allowed without supervision of a mashgiach.
- For any drop off event that requires use of the kitchen (heating up of the food or other food preparation), our shul mashgiach must be hired at the expense of the member.
- For all deliveries, arrangements must be made in advance with the shul office. All Friday deliveries must be at the shul by 1 PM.
- Absolutely no decorations of any kind can be adhered to any walls, windows or doors using tape, glue or staples. In addition, nothing can be hung from the ceilings which can cause potential damage. Please make sure the vendors you have chosen are aware of these parameters as you will be charged for any necessary repairs to the facility.
- Delivery of flowers must be coordinated with and approved by the Executive Director. All Friday delivery of flowers must be at the shul by 1 PM.
VI. VALET PARKING
- If you plan to have more than 90 adults (approximately 45 families) at a simcha when driving is possible, a valet service must be hired to park guest cars in the underground parking garage and on the street. Please consult shul office for names of valet services.
- When applicable, you must be in touch with the YINR Gabbaim regarding your honors/Aliyot.
- On Shabbat Shuva and Shabbat Hagadol, it is traditional that the Rabbi has the Maftir Aliya in the main shul. The Executive Board will decide whether a simcha will be permitted to take place in the Social Hall on Shabbat Hagadol.
- No food or drinks are allowed in the Main Sanctuary or Beit Midrash at any time.
- Candy bags are not allowed to be thrown in the shul for any occasion.
IX. LOBBY USE
- When the lobby will be used for food service, the caterer and host must strictly adhere to the following rules:
- Doors to the Main Sanctuary and Beit Midrash must be locked while food is being served in the lobby.
- Upholstered chairs will be removed from lobby.
- There will be no hot food stations permitted in the main lobby. Only finger foods, or toothpicked foods may be passed around by waiters.
- Caterer is responsible to regularly inspect lobby and main stairway for spills or dropped food.
- If the Main Sanctuary will be utilized for a program, food and beverage service will cease ten minutes prior to program. Doors to the Main Sanctuary will be unlocked only after caterer has a least one person positioned at each sanctuary entrance (2-4 people max) with trays to collect glasses and any additional garbage.
- Caterers, vendors, and party planners MUST contact the shul office for guidelines prior to commencement of event planning.
- Each vendor must supply YINR with a Certificate of Insurance to cover Liability Insurance and Workmen’s Compensation. YINR must be included as “an additional insured” on the liability portion of the certificate with respect to the event date. The insurance policy must have a minimum policy limit of $1,000,000, with a general aggregate limit of $2,000,000. It is the member’s responsibility to obtain such certificates and have them emailed or faxed to the Executive Director at least two weeks prior to the event date.
- Any vendors (including photographers/videographers who will be taking pictures in the sanctuary) who will be present in the shul during the simcha should be asked to dress appropriately.
- Vendor employees cannot park their vehicles in the YINR driveway or garage.
- For events taking place on Saturday nights caterers and vendors may not park in the shul driveway or enter the shul until 15 minutes after the end of Shabbat.
- No music is allowed on the terrace during a simcha.
- The social hall doors leading to the terrace must be closed after 10:00PM.
- Each Shabbat, the regular weekly Kiddush following the main minyan must take place in the large majority of the Social Hall, even if a private simcha follows. 10 feet at the back of the social hall is allowed for table set up.
- Each Shabbat, the regular weekly Kiddush following the Hashkamah minyan must take place following davening, even if a private simcha follows.
- Tables for children and adults must be set up at every Kiddush.
- All public kiddushes must be “nut free”.
- Room rental fees cover the use of the room(s), kitchen facilities, coatrooms, rest rooms, and parking lot. A YINR maintenance employee will be present in the building throughout the set up, rental period, and clean up, but is not available or responsible for any set up, food service (including warming, set up and clean up), or related jobs before or during the event.
- YINR retains no responsibility or liability for items brought onto the property, or for any items not removed at the conclusion of the event. Items cannot be removed from the shul on Shabbat. All items (including flower arrangements and center pieces) must be removed at the end of the simcha, unless prior arrangements are made with the Executive Director. There will a $250 surcharge for disposal of any items left in the shul after 48 hours.
- When tables and chairs are ordered privately, they may need to be stored in the garage and it is the responsibility of the ba’al simcha/caterer to bring them to the Social Hall for the event.
- The City of New Rochelle requires a building permit for erecting tents. These permits must be applied for at least 30 days prior to the event.
Failure to comply with the Simcha Guidelines will result in refusal to allow caterer/party planner to return to YINR. The host will be charged with any damage sustained to the facility as a result of failure to comply with these rules.
XI. RENTAL FEES
All rental fees must be paid at least 2 weeks prior to event.
|Social Hall (Includes Atrium)||$1,600|
|Half Social Hall (100 people or less)||$800|
|MP 1 (Upper Level)||$800|
|MP 2 (Upper Level)||$400|
|MP 3-4 (Upper Level)||NA|
|MP 5-6 (Lower Level)||$400|
|Terrace/Tent fee (does not include tent rental)||$275|
|Audio-visual equipment rental and set up fee||$100|
Rates can be adjusted as follows:
- If renting more than one room on the same day, for the same event, halve the cost of the lower priced room (i.e. Social Hall and MP1 will be $2,000 ($1600 + ½ of $800). Any two smachot occurring within a 24 hour period over Shabbat – beginning at the start of Shabbat on Friday evening though the end of Shabbat on Saturday night – would be entitled to a discount rate.
- The cost to rent the Social Hall for a Bris is $800 (Weekday) and $1,000 (Sundays)
- The Lobby and terrace/tent fees are not eligible for the second room discount pricing.
- Room rental rates are for a maximum of five hours. Room use beyond five hours is charged as follows:
|1/2 Social Hall||$150/hour|