Young Israel of New Rochelle
1149 North Avenue
New Rochelle, NY 10804
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Planning a simcha in the shul: Read our updated simcha letter. Download our simcha registration form and our Facility Rental Form. Please consult the Executive Director if special arrangements are required.
All smachot that have been previously registered on the shul calendar are confirmed. Please be aware that only YINR members are allowed to hold an event in our new building by submitting the necessary forms and fees. The rental fees are listed below.
Please be aware that only YINR members in good standing are allowed to hold an event in our building by submitting the necessary forms and fees.
1. A Simcha Reservation Form must be submitted to reserve a date for an upcoming simcha. Reservation Forms will be accepted no more than two years prior to the event. Along with the Simcha Reservation Form, a $350 reservation fee is required in order for the shul to hold the date. This fee will be credited toward rental of the shul facilities for the simcha.
2. A Facility Rental Form must be submitted no less than three months prior to your simcha in order to inform the shul office of your choice of caterer, exactly which rooms are required and other details about your simcha.
3. The Simcha Reservation Form must be approved by the Executive Director. Your date will be confirmed to the email address supplied on the form.
4. A reserved date may be cancelled 1 year prior to event date with full refund of reservation fee.
5. Forms may be downloaded from the shul website at www.YINR.org.
II. PRIORITY OF DATE:
1. There is a 30-day "window" in which to submit a Simcha Reservation Form. For example, for a Bar Mitzvah scheduled for September 1, 2011, one could submit a form between September 1, 2009 and September 30, 2009. Any Reservation Forms received by the shul office during this 30-day time period will be given equal priority.
2. If two or more families submit Reservations Forms during the 30-day "window" for the same date, the shul hopes that the conflict can be resolved by the families involved or with the intervention of the Rabbi and/or the President, (based on certain criteria). If a family does not submit a Simcha Reservation Form within the 30-day "window", it does not have a claim for that date if it has already been reserved.
3. If a conflict arises requiring more than one family to share a date, and one family already has reserved the date, the Simcha Committee will apprise the families involved and facilitate a resolution to the best of its ability.
4. If two families have agreed to share a date for a simcha and only one family is celebrating a simcha of a first degree relative, then that family has precedence over choice of caterer and location of simcha.
1. Only one caterer will be allowed to cater in the shul over the course of a weekend. A weekend consists of the time period from Friday evening through Saturday night. All families having events in the shul on the same Shabbat must use the same caterer. The family who reserved the date first has the right to choose the caterer. In the event the two smachot have equal priority (see # 2 above) and the families cannot agree on the same caterer, the Simcha Committee will facilitate a resolution to the best of its ability. Any simcha occurring on a Sunday morning need not use the caterer who catered over the prior weekend.
2. Only one caterer will be allowed to cater in the shul during any given day.
3. Caterers must call the Executive Director prior to any delivery to ensure that someone is available to accept delivery. For all drop-off catering events, arrangements must be made in advance with the shul office. All Friday deliveries must be at the shul by 1 PM.
4. A mashgiach must be hired for all catered events. As a rule, the caterer will engage a mashgiach for a full-service catered event.
5. Any caterer that is hired must be approved by Rabbi Fink.
6. Each caterer must supply YINR with a Certificate of Insurance to cover Liability Insurance and Workmen's Compensation. YINR must be included as "an additional insured" on the liability portion of the certificate as respects the event date. It is the member's responsibility to obtain such certificates and have them emailed or faxed to the Executive Director at least two weeks prior to the event date.
IV. DROP OFF EVENTS
1. All food for a drop off event must come pre-plattered and ready to be placed on the tables. No food preparation will be allowed without supervision of a mashgiach.
2. For any drop off event that requires use of the kitchen (heating up of the food or other food preparation), our shul mashgiach must be hired at the expense of the member.
1. Absolutely no decorations of any kind can be adhered to any walls, windows or doors using tape, glue or staples. In addition, nothing can be hung from the ceilings. Please make sure the vendors you have chosen are aware of these parameters.
2. Delivery of flowers must be coordinated with and approved by the Executive Director. All Friday delivery of flowers must be at the shul by 1 PM.
VI. VALET PARKING
1. If you plan to have more than 90 adults (approximately 45 families) at a simcha when driving is possible, a valet service must be hired to park guest cars in the underground parking garage. Please consult shul office for names of valet services.
1. When applicable, you must be in touch with the YINR Gabbaim regarding your honors/Aliyot.
2. On Shabbat Shuva and Shabbat Hagadol, it is traditional that the Rabbi has the Maftir Aliya in the main shul. The Executive Board will decide whether a simcha will be permitted to take place in the Social Hall on Shabbat Hagadol.
1. No food or drinks are allowed in the Main Sanctuary or Beit Midrash at any time.
2. Candy bags are not allowed to be thrown in the shul for any occasion.
IX. LOBBY USE
1. When the lobby will be used for food service, the caterer and host must strictly adhere to the following rules governing lobby use.
Failure to comply with these rules will result in refusal to allow caterer to return to YINR. Furthermore, the host and caterer will be charged with any damage sustained to the Main Sanctuary as a result of failure to comply with these rules.
1. Any vendors (including photographers/videographers who will be taking pictures in the sanctuary) who will be present in the shul during the simcha should be asked to dress appropriately.
2. Party planners MUST contact the shul office for guidelines prior to commencement of event planning.
3. Each Shabbat, the regular weekly Kiddush following the main minyan must take place in no less than 2/3 of the Social Hall, even if a private simcha follows.
4. Each Shabbat, the regular weekly Kiddush following the Hashkamah minyan must take place following the davening, even if a private simcha follows.
5. Tables for children and a few tables and seating for adults must be set up at every Kiddush.
6. All public kiddushes must be "nut sensitive".
7. Room rental fees cover the use of the room(s), kitchen facilities, coatrooms, rest rooms, and parking lot. A YINR maintenance employee will be present in the building throughout the set up, rental period, and clean up, but is not available or responsible for any set up, food service (including the warming, set up and clean up), or related jobs before or during the event.
8. YINR retains no responsibility or liability for items brought onto the property, or for any items not removed at the conclusion of the event. Items cannot be removed from the shul on Shabbat. All items (including flower arrangements and center pieces) must be removed at the time of the simcha, unless prior arrangements are made with the Executive Director. There will a $50 surcharge to anyone who does not dispose of remove their items within 48 hours and they will be disposed of at the shul’s discretion
9. When tables and chairs are ordered private for a simcha, they need to be stored in the garage and it is the responsibility of the ba’al simcha/caterer to bring them to the Social Hall for the event.
10. All events must conclude by 1 AM.
XI. RENTAL FEES
1. All rental fees must be paid at least 2 weeks prior to event.
Rates are adjusted as follows:
|Weekly Announcements | Shiva | Davening Times | Education | About our Rabbi | Eruv Map | Mikvah | Kosher Establishments | Recommended Links | YINR on Facebook | History of YINR | West Jewish Connection | Make a Payment | New Shul Pledge | New Shul Update | Simcha Information | Simcha & Events Calendar | Kiddush Sponsorship | Youth | Photo Gallery | Video Gallery | Contact us | Email Lists | Membership Application | FAQ|